THE DC HIGH SCHOOL EXPERIENCE
High School students at Denver Christian School experience the opportunity to jump in, get involved, make a difference, and get connected. Our students are more than just numbers. Here at DC, we grow as individuals, we learn how to work collaboratively in classes and other activities, we benefit from small classes but not smaller opportunities. When colleges and universities look at an application from a DC graduate, they will find someone who is well-rounded and able to able to balance the demands of academics, athletics, fine arts, and social and spiritual life. At Denver Christian, our students learn how to lead, how to contribute, and how to serve.
Here are a few of the things our high schoolers are doing this year.
- STUDENT COUNCIL: Elections are held every spring for Sophomore – Senior class representatives and officers. Freshman StuCo members are selected in the fall. Student Council is the student government body acting on behalf of the HS student body.
- NATIONAL HONOR SOCIETY: Membership into NHS is open to 9th-12th grade students. Students hold true to tenants of scholarship and service in this national organization that celebrates academic achievement.
- HOPE BUDDIES: Since 2007, DCHS has partnered with elementary students from Hope Online Academy to provide science and arts enrichment activities.
- GRAND FRIENDS: Grand friends is a program developed for Denver Christian High School students during enrichment block which allows our students to connect with the local community through building intentional relationships with the Senior Citizens at Lakeview Senior Living. Students visit Lakeview once a month for 1.5 hours and play games, do arts and crafts, and most importantly build relationships.
- DCPA: For the past thirty years, Denver Christian High School does a workshop with the Denver Center for the Performing Arts. This includes Actors from DCPA. Then our entire student body travels downtown for a performance.
- BAND AND CHOIR DISNEY TRIP: High School Band and Choir students travel to Disney World or Disney Land every other year to learn through workshops and perform in the park.
- NATION’S CAPITAL VISIT: High School students have the chance to join an educational Field Trip to Washington, D.C. to learn more about government and our nation’s capital.
- INTERNATIONAL MISSION TRIPS: Denver Christian staff members partner with high school students by providing opportunities for month long Summer Mission Trips to place such as Africa, Dominican Republic and Japan.
- HOMECOMING WEEK: A high school experience of epic proportion when classes compete for bragging rights with an all-HS student bonfire and culminating in Varsity Volleyball and Soccer games and the Homecoming dance.
- SADIES EVENTS: The girls are in charge of this fun spring event.
- MR. THUNDER: Who will win the coveted title?! Senior men compete for bragging rights and a parking spot in this hilarious, yet serious, competition!
- SENIOR NIGHT: A night unique to Denver Christian High School, the whole community turns out to hear and see the culminating projects of the senior class as they share their personal growth and story. This is the ultimate high school experience.
Meet the Principal
“Denver Christian High School is a vibrant learning community. Students are both challenged and supported academically by our exceptional caring and qualified teachers. Both students and staff demonstrate a love of learning and a desire to fully develop the gifts that God has given to each one. The emphasis on academic excellence is coupled with faith formation to develop well-rounded Christian leaders of the future.””– Dr. Steve Kortenhoeven